Why don’t you make your own playdough for creative modelling. It will keep your children amused for hours.
• 1 cup flour
• 2 tsp cream of tartar
• 1/2 cup salt
• 1 tbsp cooking oil Olive oil or vegetable oil
• 1 cup water
• food colouring
• In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients (flour, salt, cream of tartar) and mix well.
• Mix a little food colouring with your water first. Then add the vegetable oil and water with food colouring to a large pot. Mix together.
• Add the dry ingredients to your pot and mix well.
• Cook over low to medium heat until the dough starts to form and becomes dry.
• Once it starts to form a ball together and looks fully cooked, take off the heat. Let the dough cool first before touching.
• Once cool, knead the dough for 5 minutes to make the dough soft.
Once you have made your playdough place it in an airtight container and it will last for months.